Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Ultra Dark Upholstery Configurations

Views : 742

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 26th, 2024, 14:32   #1
SteEnt

Default XC60 Ultra Dark Upholstery Configurations

I have not been able to speak to the supplier or dealer but hoping someone here can shed some light on this.
I having my new XC60 delivered on Tuesday and last Wednesday I had a call from the supplier saying there had been a “minor change” to the interior compared to my order.
They said that the nappa soft perforated leather had been changed on Ultra models to now have textile/cloth inserts.

I have a habit of worrying over things like this and end up putting myself through turmoil.
But I’m just browsing the price list and off that description to me it looks like this has been changed to the contour sport seats.
Which if the case it states “massage and power side support option removed”
But it also seems to lack the term “ventilated” which was one of the draws for me when choosing to spend extra money on the top spec car.
I can live without the massage function, but I was looking forward to the ventilation.

Can anyone confirm this?
SteEnt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 18:36   #2
Tim Cullis

Minor change? All Ultra models now have sports seats? Really? And wool instead of leather?? The interior will look and feel totally different !!

I'm going to assume the XC60 is similar to the XC90, in which I suspect this is an error on the original factory order and you are being sold a line to get you to accept it.

I've attached a screenshot from the Model Year 2025 XC90 brochure. It looks like the tailored wool blend loses ventilation, front seat massage and power side support. And the dash inlay is black ash instead of grey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 18.28.59.jpg (79.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Tim Cullis; Jun 26th, 2024 at 18:45.
Tim Cullis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Cullis For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 18:41   #3
Tim Cullis

Link to 2025 XC60 brochure

Last edited by Tim Cullis; Jun 26th, 2024 at 21:28.
Tim Cullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 19:52   #4
Lexman8
Premier Member

I'm not aware of any recent change to the Ultra spec and the online configurator still shows Nappa, etc, as standard. Afaik, tailored wool has always been an option on the Ultimate/Ultra but this has never had ventilation, etc. As TC states above, it's possibly a mistake on the order and they're trying to pass it off to you because virtually no-one would want it in preference to Nappa, etc.

I took delivery of my XC60 yesterday and the seats are Nappa with heating, ventilation, massage, electric front extenders and electric side bolsters. Admittedly it's an Ultimate as it was manufactured in April so theoretically your Ultra might be different.

Previously: MY17 XC90 D5 Powerpulse Momentum with many options
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 20:09   #5
techwatcher
Master Member

Looking at the price list it says that the leather/textile seats are an option on Plus and Ultra trim, so this is not a universal change on Ultra trim.

If you didn't specify it on your order then your new car shouldn't have them. As Lexman8 says it's possible someone has messed up and they are trying to get you to accept it anyway.

if it does have the leather/textile seats then you have a choice; either reject the vehicle, or, if you can live with the seats, negotiate with Volvo for a discount to reflect the unexpected and unwanted change.

Please let us know what happens next week.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 20:19   #6
SteEnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Looking at the price list it says that the leather/textile seats are an option on Plus and Ultra trim, so this is not a universal change on Ultra trim.

If you didn't specify it on your order then your new car shouldn't have them. As Lexman8 says it's possible someone has messed up and they are trying to get you to accept it anyway.

if it does have the leather/textile seats then you have a choice; either reject the vehicle, or, if you can live with the seats, negotiate with Volvo for a discount to reflect the unexpected and unwanted change.

Please let us know what happens next week.
I have an email today came through from the scheme supplier (it is a work lease scheme and the supplying dealer is Listers Droitwich) confirming delivery for Tuesday, and on that email it says:
This will be the delivery of the following vehicle;
Volvo/ XC60 SUV AWD PiH 2.0T8 18.8kWh 455 GPF SS EU6 Ultra Dark Auto8
Paint - Metallic: Vapour Grey
Upholstery - Nappa Soft Leather Perforated and Ventilated: Charcoal

So they have changed it from Ultimate Dark, which it was when I ordered it, to Ultra Dark, but it still says the interior is as ordered.

If it is different to this then I have documented proof.
I was also at Alton Towers when I got the call last week about the supposed interior changes, and I had a hard time hearing the person on the phone properly. There's also nothing in writing confirming it, so I could have got it all wrong.

It's the first time I have ever ordered a brand new car in the top spec as I have wanted.
I just always feel like things have always got to go wrong for me and I can never have things how I want them and I've always had to settle. But if I have to wait another 5 months for the car, I feel like I will resent it.
It will also make my current car, that I need to sell, less valuable and I will be out of pocket with selling that.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 20:13   #7
EssexExile
Master Member

You only need ventilation and heating on leather because it's an unsuitable material for car seats and the problems have to be mitigated.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 13:37   #8
chriswithxc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteEnt View Post
I have not been able to speak to the supplier or dealer but hoping someone here can shed some light on this.
I having my new XC60 delivered on Tuesday and last Wednesday I had a call from the supplier saying there had been a “minor change” to the interior compared to my order.
They said that the nappa soft perforated leather had been changed on Ultra models to now have textile/cloth inserts.

I have a habit of worrying over things like this and end up putting myself through turmoil.
But I’m just browsing the price list and off that description to me it looks like this has been changed to the contour sport seats.
Which if the case it states “massage and power side support option removed”
But it also seems to lack the term “ventilated” which was one of the draws for me when choosing to spend extra money on the top spec car.
I can live without the massage function, but I was looking forward to the ventilation.

Can anyone confirm this?
I recently took delivery of an XC60 Ultimate via a lease so was unable to spec it myself. I was told and was expecting Nappa but got these sports seats which are a mixture of leather and fabric. If you look at the configurator it's a no cost option instead of Nappa. Personally I don't like any fabric but it's quite hard wearing stuff so probably why fleets are speccing it. The fabric inserts are very rough, unlike what I assume the wool is like.
chriswithxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 17:05   #9
SteEnt

I went to my local dealer and asked to look at an example with these seats and I found them to be more comfortable than the regular seats.
I had heard from others that these are marmite seats, so that was what I was most worried about.
But they suit my body better as I had an XC60 last year with the regular seats in them and I would get back ache on longer journeys, but after trying these, I don't have that issue.
I'm still waiting for a couple of days to "discover" the lack of ventilation to ask for some compensation from the leasing company and I have collected all the information that proves what I ordered.

I am also quite thankful that I don't have the Linear Lime inlay, as I hated that, but didn't want the blond interior and headlining, so it's a win some lose some situation, but overall I have gained more than what has been lost and I am very happy with the car.