Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What are these bolts holding in the boot? ('95 Volvo 940)

Views : 1676

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 22:37   #11
bmxJeff
Road fodder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
The 'suspension' is killing me .... please have a look underneath and let us know.

Meantime, the nearest I can get to it is that there is a reinforcing plate underneath the panel; but what's it reinforcing ... some sort of hanger?
Oh ha ha!

Ok, I did my inner tie rods today so I had a look while I had it jacked up enough to squeeze my head in. I couldn't see a great deal with my eyes so I did the old poke the phone up and snap a few shots trick. The 2 bolts hold a plate to the underside of the body on which is a mount holding what I'm pretty sure are the fuel lines. I was in a rush because it was raining so I didn't study it for long but here's a crappy pic. The bolts come through the corners of the plate circled in yellow....

The pic is taken from in front of the drivers rear wheel looking back and up. As you can see the plate continues to run down under the body towards the front of the car, how far I don't know. Like I said, it was raining.

As far as my earth is concerned I'm not touching these with a barge pole as they seem quite happily rusted in place, and I prefer my worms left in the can.

Last edited by bmxJeff; Apr 23rd, 2014 at 22:43.
bmxJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
940, bolts, boot, earth, volvo