Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 S60 T5 Sport 6 speed manual for sale

Views : 286

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 25th, 2024, 17:47   #1
rm163603

Default 2005 S60 T5 Sport 6 speed manual for sale

Since I originally bought this car from an ad on here, I thought it would be rude not to include an ad here now that I am selling (8 years later)

Car is in Chichester, West Sussex. Contact me via PM if you're interested.

Details as follows:

2005 Volvo S60 T5 Sport
2.4L B5244T5 engine
6 Speed manual M66 transmission
Lunar Gold metallic
132K miles
3 previous owners (4 including myself)
I've owned it since 2016

Standard Spec items:
Xenon / HID headlights
13 Speaker Hifi
Rear blind
Heated seats
Spaceball gear lever with stainless steel ball gearknob

Modifications / Upgrades:
Exterior:
Genuine 17" Pegasus wheels (refurbished by Lepsons)
340mm XC90 front brakes

Interior:
S60R Interior including:
Nordkap blue leather seats and door cards
Blue carpets with genuine volvo carpet overmats
Stitched leather drivers airbag cover
Stitched leather instrument binacle
Blue leather armrest lid
S60R instrument cluster
Volvotech bluetooth audio interface

Drivetrain:
DO88 big intercooler with aluminium charge pipes
Snabb intake with RS4 MAF
Recent turbo replacement with billet compressor wheel
650cc injectors
3" stainless steel exhaust with decat (original catted downpipe and sports exhaust supplied with car)
S60R Clutch relined by Tim Williams with a high perfmrmance clutch lining.
Custom map by Shemtek

Suspension:
Bilstein B4 dampers
Powerflex rear trailing arm bushes
Powerflex front wishbone bushes

Overview:

This is my 2nd S60. I'm a massive fan of the P2 platform for it's combination of comfort, excellent build quality, the 5 cylinder sound and the boosty turbo performance.

The then owner had purchased the car from his father who had bought the car as an approved used car from Volvo. It has 60 something thousand miles them and now sits on 131200 ish.

I used the car as my daily driver and a fun rolling project for many years until I moved house to within a mile of work. Since then it's had much less use so I've decided to let it go.

Also there isn't really anthing left to do on it so the project part has come to an end.

It's extremely clean with none of the small dings and dents that seem to plaugue these cars especially down the sides. Apart from the expected small stone chips the exterior is in really great shape.

I upgraded the wheels to the S60R 17" pegasus wheels are they are 7" wide (rather than the 6.5" wide standard wheels) look really great. I didn't go for the 18" versions as the ride is pretty firm on these cars anyway and I didn't want it to be any worse.

The wheels feature reasonably fresh Michelin Pilot sport 4 tyres.

The brakes have been upgraded to the larger XC90 disks and front calipers to accomodate the upgrade in power this car has.

The headlights are the optional HID units and are nice and clear.

I spent a long time finding the S60R interior as the leather and carpets are of a much higher quality than you find in this model as standard which makes it a really nice place to be.

The interior is in really great shape with no rips or tears in the leather and the metallic Nordkap blue is really nice and by far the best of the 3 colours these interiors came in.

I've also replaced the instrument cluster with the S60 cluster as it's really attractive with the blue dials and front illumination. The mileage of the cluster was changed to reflect the mileage of the car at the time it was replaced.

The car has been upgraded with help from Shem Green at Shemtek and is approx 350hp. The map is quite progressive so the car drives really smoothly with a linear power delivery.

I've always looked after the car and worked on and serviced the car myself. Only the highest quality products have been used.

I've always changed the oil every 6000 miles since I've owned it and used redline fully synthetic oil.

The car is supplied with a massive history file. recent replacement items include:

Driveshaft ouput shaft seals replaced
Air conditioning compressor and condensor replaced
Timing belt and water pump replaced
PCV oil seperator replaced
Turbo replaced
Shock absorbers replaced
Clutch replaced
Crankshaft rear main seal replaced

I've kept up with servicing and maintenance of this car!

Being a 19 year old car there are some bad points and current faults though including.

The sunroof doesn't work
The in dash CD changer doesn't work
The car occasionally shows an 'anti skid system maintnence' message. It can be months between the message showing and seems to dissapear when the car is restarted.
One of the wheels has a very small kerb mark around 10mm long on the rim. The paint has been chipped but the metal hasn't been affected.

What's included as well as what's described above.

-2 keys
-Original volvo manuals and service book
-Original volvo rubber winter mat set
-2 X Volvo remotes for the hifi
-The original sat nav screen unit which I removed as it's really outdated now and the dashboard looks neater without it.
-Original exhaust downpipe with catalytic converter plus ferrita sports exhaust system.
-Service history records and receipts.
-Haynes manual

Optional things that could be purchased if required (but not included as standard):
-Spare standard wheels with Michelin cross climate tyres
-Spare Nordkap blue leather front seat covers
-VIDA diagnostic cable

Asking price £4995

Pics below:

Last edited by rm163603; Jun 25th, 2024 at 17:50.
rm163603 is offline   Reply With Quote