Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Ultra Dark Upholstery Configurations

Views : 643

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 27th, 2024, 15:22   #11
neilgorin

I wouldn't be happy with cloth or wool if I ordered leather.

In fact, for reasons I won't go into, cloth seats are a total no-no for us, so if a dealer presented them to me the order would be cancelled.

Not sure I understand the comment about leather not being suitable for car seats. Never had an issue with REAL leather seats, pleather is a different matter and is horrible to sit on in warm weather for any length of time. I have a serious suspicion that the seats in my V60 differ - I suspect the driver's seat is leather faced and the passenger is pleather.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 13:37   #12
chriswithxc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteEnt View Post
I have not been able to speak to the supplier or dealer but hoping someone here can shed some light on this.
I having my new XC60 delivered on Tuesday and last Wednesday I had a call from the supplier saying there had been a “minor change” to the interior compared to my order.
They said that the nappa soft perforated leather had been changed on Ultra models to now have textile/cloth inserts.

I have a habit of worrying over things like this and end up putting myself through turmoil.
But I’m just browsing the price list and off that description to me it looks like this has been changed to the contour sport seats.
Which if the case it states “massage and power side support option removed”
But it also seems to lack the term “ventilated” which was one of the draws for me when choosing to spend extra money on the top spec car.
I can live without the massage function, but I was looking forward to the ventilation.

Can anyone confirm this?
I recently took delivery of an XC60 Ultimate via a lease so was unable to spec it myself. I was told and was expecting Nappa but got these sports seats which are a mixture of leather and fabric. If you look at the configurator it's a no cost option instead of Nappa. Personally I don't like any fabric but it's quite hard wearing stuff so probably why fleets are speccing it. The fabric inserts are very rough, unlike what I assume the wool is like.
chriswithxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 17:05   #13
SteEnt

I went to my local dealer and asked to look at an example with these seats and I found them to be more comfortable than the regular seats.
I had heard from others that these are marmite seats, so that was what I was most worried about.
But they suit my body better as I had an XC60 last year with the regular seats in them and I would get back ache on longer journeys, but after trying these, I don't have that issue.
I'm still waiting for a couple of days to "discover" the lack of ventilation to ask for some compensation from the leasing company and I have collected all the information that proves what I ordered.

I am also quite thankful that I don't have the Linear Lime inlay, as I hated that, but didn't want the blond interior and headlining, so it's a win some lose some situation, but overall I have gained more than what has been lost and I am very happy with the car.
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote