Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sat Nav Updates

Views : 932

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2024, 13:49   #1
Jupiterman

Default Sat Nav Updates

Just had to drive around Cambridge area recently and SATNAV showed I was "driving across fields" when in reality I was on the M11. Should the sat nav maps be updated as part of a service or is it an additional cost extra.??

Is there an easy way of updating them if not included.
Jupiterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2024, 14:20   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

Updates are generally free but depend upon the car model. Tell us what car you have.

Previously: MY17 XC90 D5 Powerpulse Momentum with many options
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2024, 14:30   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterman View Post
Just had to drive around Cambridge area recently and SATNAV showed I was "driving across fields" when in reality I was on the M11. Should the sat nav maps be updated as part of a service or is it an additional cost extra.??

Is there an easy way of updating them if not included.
The maps wont be that old when was that road in the field built ? you have to determine if the road is new or there is a fault. Map updates are free from the volvo web site you do it yourself..( depending on model year )

If the M11 has been there over 10 years for example and the fault happens elsewhere the antenna on the roof could be faulty.
Old Jul 9th, 2024, 15:10   #4
nu11eaf
Premier Member

On the Mk 1 xc90's I owned I got 2 free updates (if you registered for them when car was new) one at year 2 and one at year 3 after that it was charged for, they were CD's which were sent via post and you had to insert them in the satnav cd player under the passenger seat to update the maps.
SPA cars update over the air in the car or via laptop/pc to a USB which you then insert in the cars USB socket to update, Free of charge. Depends on what age/model your car is.
But M11 should be on all versions unless they added a section.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 12:48   #5
Jupiterman

Car is a 2019 S60 T5 R Design.

Similar issue driving around Peterborough. Road has been there for some 4 years but it isn't present on my sat nav. I was driving to Papworth from the A1(M) and I ended up on the old roads to get there but when I followed the M11 out of Cambridge directly to the A1 again I was driving across open ground with no roads marked.
Think I'll pop into the dealers to make sure they did any updates last year.
Jupiterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 15:57   #6
Nippy
VOC Member

There was a change to a junction outside my work, just off the A406 North Circular Road, at least 3 years ago. The old layout is still on Sensus despite multiple updates.

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 16:08   #7
Mad Malc

Hi J,

Map updates are not part of the annual service, it is up to the individual to download them as and when they become available. That is not to say the dealer would not do it if requested. There are normally a few during the year, some small and some large.
It sounds as if your maps have not been updated for some time, they have a release number which would give you a clue as to when they were last updated. It should show downloads available in the download area, why not have a look.
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 16:47   #8
Basill

Do you ever connect your car to the internet? Try connecting to a phone hotspot or home wifi if you can park near enough. Hopefully you will see updates are available.
Otherwise you can downlad them here:
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/downloads/maps/spa where you can download the appropriate map, copy it to a USB stick and install yourself.
Basill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 20:22   #9
nu11eaf
Premier Member

How to check which map update version your Sensus system has.
https://youtu.be/cLRn7pwSTmI?si=MSlNoTDCJrriRYea

The latest update is version 1466 and another due very soon.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 22:35   #10
apersson850
Premier Member

The map over Europe is split up in a number of regions. If you select the one where you live as your home region, you can then set it to automatic updates. Unless it's too large, it will be updated automatically when a new version becomes available.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote