Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Who can fit original Auxiliary heater for Volvo V90 D4

Views : 746

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 10th, 2024, 17:49   #1
tom_pear

Smile Who can fit original Auxiliary heater for Volvo V90 D4

Hi All,
I am looking for someone skilled to fit original auxiliary fuel fired heater to Volvo V90 D4. I am third owner and the car got only option in Parking Climate as Preconditioning but I want to fit original Volvo auxiliary fuel heater to get full benefit of warm car during winter and when I am driving abroad.
I found many fuel fired heaters from Volvo V90 on eBay and the rest of the required parts like e.g. fuel pipe to the tank. I am looking for person who is skilled within this Volvo platform to fit the parts and alter the software I. The car. Please let me know if you know anyone who is able to do it.
Thanks Tom
tom_pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 20:16   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

try a call to pf jones in manchester the main part of there business is tow bar fitting but i know they do other stuff injectors and pumps ect
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 21:37   #3
canis
Non Fragile

Oooh good call, Simmy. I'm wanting an auxilliary heater into my XC90, and pfjones is on my list already for a towbar. Thank you very much.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 21:59   #4
tom_pear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
try a call to pf jones in manchester the main part of there business is tow bar fitting but i know they do other stuff injectors and pumps ect
PF Jones is good enough to fit the tow-bar. Their knowledge about the Volvo brand and especially Volvo D5 engines was very poor couple years ago. Maybe things changed now. Best regards

Last edited by tom_pear; Jul 10th, 2024 at 22:11.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom_pear For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 22:03   #5
tom_pear

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis View Post
Oooh good call, Simmy. I'm wanting an auxilliary heater into my XC90, and pfjones is on my list already for a towbar. Thank you very much.
They did refurb for my 5 injectors in my old barn D5 around 7-8 years ago. Good that I paid for this service through credit card.

Last edited by tom_pear; Jul 10th, 2024 at 22:27.
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 22:14   #6
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_pear View Post
That did refurb for my 5 injectors in my old barn D5 around 7-8 years ago. Good that I paid for this service through credit card.
I feel like there's more to this story
The Following User Says Thank You to canis For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 22:23   #7
tom_pear

Quote:
I feel like there's more to this story
I have to find someone else to do the job or keep the car as it is.
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 22:28   #8
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
I have to find someone else to do the job or keep the car as it is.
Makes you wonder if they did anything at all and just pumped some redex through it and just said "Yeah, it's all done Come and get it."

I shall exercise due vigilance.
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 22:34   #9
tom_pear

Quote:
Makes you wonder if they did anything at all and just pumped some redex through it and just said "Yeah, it's all done Come and get it."

I shall exercise due vigilance.
I didn’t buy a tow bar from them. Cannot say a bad or good word about their tow bar service. Sorry.
Old Jul 11th, 2024, 13:14   #10
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
I didn’t buy a tow bar from them. Cannot say a bad or good word about their tow bar service. Sorry.
My experience is they're good bars, but the module they supplied broke almost immediately so I had to get busy with a soldering iron.

The bar they supplied me (my customer ordered it) was supplied with one side incorrectly manufactured. Somebody must have put it in the brake-press the wrong way. Trouble was, they were all like that.

But to be fair, they did immediately fabricate a new one, and rushed it out to me as soon as the powder coat was dry. So it was a mistake, but they rectified it ASAP and I can't fault them for that.

I had a far worse experience from Manchester Tow Bars, who don't know their ears from their elbows. Incredibly stupid people with no logical thinking whatsoever. I will never stop telling my story about Manchester Tow Bars because their shirty attitude and complete lack of logical thinking is beyond description. I mean, who tries fixing a dodgy starter motor ("It's hammertime!") with easy-start? That's why they don't let you anywhere near their workshop, they don't want you to see what morons they are, or how they'll casually toss the broken bit of bumper into the spare wheel well and just not mention it, having forced you to sign a disclaimer to not hold them to account for any damage they cause.

Seriously, avoid Manchester Tow Bars like the plague.

Tags
auxiliary heater, fuel fired heater, parking heater timer, webasto