Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Kenwood GPS and 7" touchscreen

Views : 4972

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 09:51   #11
Bonnie-Sunshine

I don't know about the mounts as I've had this professionally done. I'm very happy with the gps and the rear view camera. I was not so happy with the Bluetooth and so will keep the OEM unit. I've also had a second iphone connector installed so I can charge a second phone, or play music through the system so that was a bonus. All in all a very good unit and the Garmin navigation software is very good.
Bonnie-Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 23:47   #12
Usmcusmc2

Can you control the Kenwood GPS using controls on the steering wheel...or do those controls not exist since you don't have the OEM GPS?
Usmcusmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 00:38   #13
Bonnie-Sunshine

The whole GPS is controlled through the touch screen. It's like a smaller ipad. Therefore there are no steering wheel controls which is what I preferred. I didn't want to go with the OEM unit as I've heard about way too many shortcomings.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 10:49   #14
coco123

Smile Xc60 gps

for me the price is a little expensive
I got the China GPS for XC60 with good price
cheers
I will post more installation pictures on weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0446.JPG (33.0 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by coco123; Apr 26th, 2010 at 10:50. Reason: wrong spelling
coco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 22:56   #15
wernerfranke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco123 View Post
for me the price is a little expensive
cheers
I will post more installation pictures on weekend
Looks interesting!
Does it work?
What kind of Navigation Software is running?
From which dealer in China did you get it ( www.xcaraudio.com or www.cheledigital.net via Alibaba)?
wernerfranke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:06   #16
Bonnie-Sunshine

Quote:
I guess there are some risks with buying an "unknown" unit. (a) You have no idea about the quality of the product, about the hardware and how warranty issues might be handled and even where to have warrant, service or repairs undertaken etc. and (b), The software/sat nav program. How detailed is it. How accurate is it. How often is the software updated. How easy is it to update and what type of support does it come with?

Generally, I think you get what you pay for. But I acknowledge that some owners just want a screen where the spot is in the dash. For some, how the unit works may be a secondary consideration.

Last edited by Bonnie-Sunshine; May 6th, 2010 at 09:09.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 14:06   #17
Justin Credible

Hi Bonnie,

I live in Germany and recently purchased an XC60 and would like use the same setup you have with the kenwood navigation. Can you provide a point of contact for the garage that installed it for you or any info that could point me in the right direction? I just bought a kenwood KOS-V500 A/V controller, touchscreen and Garmin navigation but have no idea how to install it.

Cheers,
Justin
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 15:21   #18
venno

I too am interested in the Kenwood system. In the interim I have purchased a Garmin 3790t which can be totally voice controlled and works a treat, always had tomtoms but the garmin is heaps better. Even gets coverage sitting in the centre console bottom in my Mitsubishi Outlander while I await my D5 LE.....I hate waiting......
venno is offline   Reply With Quote