Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 and V90, to go back on sale in the UK

Views : 1785

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2024, 07:57   #11
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gathercole View Post
Spoken to one of my local dealers. Was a surprise to him! However he's done some digging and provided me with the following. Order books open on 1st July.
Interesting. Pity no option to order without a heated screen. I'll continue looking at the competition
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 09:49   #12
Discoman

I keep debating going back to an estate so I certainly welcome this move.

On a wider viewpoint I think Volvo has committed to go all electric far too early. Many of the German brands are backtracking and putting more money into ICE cars again. I don't blame them as BEV efficiency is poor, prices are high and uptake is slow outwith subsidised company cars sales.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:01   #13
ccfcforever1987
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
I keep debating going back to an estate so I certainly welcome this move.

On a wider viewpoint I think Volvo has committed to go all electric far too early. Many of the German brands are backtracking and putting more money into ICE cars again. I don't blame them as BEV efficiency is poor, prices are high and uptake is slow outwith subsidised company cars sales.
I could be completely wrong, but they may have expected stronger support from other governments for the switch to EV. As we have seen (certainly in the UK) a lot of governments are scaling back their incentive schemes and this has had a knock-on effect with consumer sales falling away.

I run a small fleet of 15 cars for my company and we have just 1 vehicle on the fleet that is a Hybrid, all the others have moved to EV already. So this does support the view that business users / markets are at saturation and will now be entering their replacement cycles. For us that means we will not be replacing any EVs for at leat 12 to 18 months.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:31   #14
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfcforever1987 View Post
I could be completely wrong, but they may have expected stronger support from other governments for the switch to EV. As we have seen (certainly in the UK) a lot of governments are scaling back their incentive schemes and this has had a knock-on effect with consumer sales falling away.

I run a small fleet of 15 cars for my company and we have just 1 vehicle on the fleet that is a Hybrid, all the others have moved to EV already. So this does support the view that business users / markets are at saturation and will now be entering their replacement cycles. For us that means we will not be replacing any EVs for at leat 12 to 18 months.
Interesting and makes sense. I only know two people who are not in company car/salary sacrifice schemes who have BEV cars and both are retired. Take up is just not there without the BIK inducements. I was looking at the Polestar 2 but UK sales have gone off a cliff this year, probably for the reasons you explain.

Government needs to move onto the private market and/or manufacturers need to cut margins for a few years to encourage sales. As it is it will be hard to buy a new ICE car in Nov/Dec each year as sales could be stopped to meet the BEV % targets. I'm sitting on my hands and watching. Easy to get this wrong and lose a load of money as a private buyer.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 09:06   #15
Wizzpop
Master Member

I welcomed the news of the return of the V60 to the UK market. As a current (2019 V60 T5) owner I am tempted to go for a new one. But I am retired so none of the financial advantages and my current V60 has only done 30k. It has been very reliable so common sense says keep it. I am trying to find the advantages of changing
Old Jun 29th, 2024, 17:10   #16
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
I welcomed the news of the return of the V60 to the UK market. As a current (2019 V60 T5) owner I am tempted to go for a new one. But I am retired so none of the financial advantages and my current V60 has only done 30k. It has been very reliable so common sense says keep it. I am trying to find the advantages of changing
At 30k miles, your car is probably better than a new one as you're past the teething problems stage.

There's very little difference as you already are automatic and petrol. The main change is the different gearbox (7 speed) and the engine off coasting which saves a little fuel.
Old Jun 29th, 2024, 21:45   #17
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilgorin View Post
At 30k miles, your car is probably better than a new one as you're past the teething problems stage.

There's very little difference as you already are automatic and petrol. The main change is the different gearbox (7 speed) and the engine off coasting which saves a little fuel.
Neil, you're probably right but!! I dropped by my dealer this morning to enquire. They confirmed that the V60 will be back on sale on Monday and found the price list. Sitting right outside the showroom was a red V60 Ultimate MY24 with all the options including a retractable towbar. It had less than 1200 miles on the clock and was priced under £50k. Had a short test drive and succumbed. I intend to keep it for at least 6 years. Someone will get a good buy when my T5 goes on the front.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizzpop For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 18:55   #18
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Have I read this correctly? Top speed 112 mph?
tommyweaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 19:41   #19
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyweaves View Post
Yes, all new Volvos are limited to 112mph. Won't bother me though.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 20:19   #20
mannyo1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyweaves View Post
All Volvos have been limited to 112mph for some years now, its not a new thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to mannyo1221 For This Useful Post: