Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Insurance

Views : 588

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 10:20   #11
PSJVTHEBEST
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX View Post
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks Dan. I just got an online quote and (I think) someone is going to ring me to discuss.
PSJVTHEBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 10:23   #12
PSJVTHEBEST
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Insurance brokers/companies really are strange animals.

I was with RH insurance for over 40 years, first with the Bentley and then continued with the Silver Cloud, both cars on a classic agreed value policy. Very easy company to deal with and only having had to make one claim in all that time - windscreen for the Cloud - I only had praise for them. Then before selling the Silver Cloud I bought the C70 and they were my 'go to' insurers.

One quick phone call and it will all be sorted on agreed value. How wrong was I. I was met with a sniffy response: ''That is not the type of car we deal with''. I eventually found cover with the Adrian Flux empire and what a cr*p experience that turned out to be! I am now with Peter Best and they have been a delight to deal with.

A couple of years ago I was at the Classic Restoration Show at the NEC. RH had a stand there and tried to sign me up as a customer. I explained my previous experience with them including the 'sniffy' response on the phone. I was then asked what car I had, A C70 convertible - I replied. Oh, in that case that is what the reply would be. How to alienate a long standing previous customer in one easy step.
That's massively disappointing. I used to llve in a small town in Essex where there was one independent insurance broker who was amazing and I rue the day he moved on. It's all about the people and those that manage them!
The Following User Says Thank You to PSJVTHEBEST For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 10:39   #13
PSJVTHEBEST
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
I’m also with RH and have been since 1997 on my Spitfire, I’ve had several other cars on the policy as well in that time including Land rovers, jags, mg and Volvos.

I bought my first c70 in 2012 when it was 12 years old, they added it to the policy no problem, a routine transaction. Agreed value, limited mileage etc. Also that year I bought a 1996 Land Rover Discovery which they added no questions asked.

In 2015 I bought another c70 which was 13 years old as I’d sold the other one the previous year, and it took several phone calls and arguments to get that on cover, final explanation was they don’t cover cars like that but as I am a loyal customer…. Same story again with another 1996 Land Rover Discovery I bought in 2016.

And in 2022 when I bought another c70 that was 20 years old at the time they refused point blank.

Go figure…..?
I guess competition / mergers & acquisitions has forced down prices but also led to a less personalised and dare I say dumbed down service in some instances. Sad. I may be in the minority but I will often pay a little more to get a decent and reliable service.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 18:19   #14
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJVTHEBEST View Post
Thanks Dan. I just got an online quote and (I think) someone is going to ring me to discuss.
Ok no worries.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:00   #15
PSJVTHEBEST
VOC Member

Hi Dan,
Are there any discounts available for Forum members?
Thanks,
Peter