Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC subscription renewal

Views : 2019

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2023, 14:51   #1
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default VOC subscription renewal

Has anyone had their VOC subscription renewed lately, I received a free subscription renewal last year when my car was serviced.
I have just had a message to say my subscription is due for renewal in 45 days and directs me to link to renew which does not work.
I wondered if it will be given free again or they are not allowing renewal if 3g is being shut down, my car is 3g. Has anyone received a free subscription recently or paid for one.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2023, 15:38   #2
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Has anyone had their VOC subscription renewed lately, I received a free subscription renewal last year when my car was serviced.
I have just had a message to say my subscription is due for renewal in 45 days and directs me to link to renew which does not work.
I wondered if it will be given free again or they are not allowing renewal if 3g is being shut down, my car is 3g. Has anyone received a free subscription recently or paid for one.
I got the same error on my app with the page not found, dealer just did it for free at the service like you had.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rhd443 For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2023, 16:03   #3
EssexExile
Master Member

I renewed mine online earlier this year, cost thirty something. The dealer said it would've cost £18 if I'd had it done with the service but as I didn't ask they didn't do it. The dealer also told me I couldn't do it online and I'd have to take it in, so I'm not sure I believe much of what they tell me!
Old May 27th, 2023, 16:11   #4
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

Had mine during service couple of weeks ago
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Wildsmith For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2023, 17:29   #5
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Might be helpful:-

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=330569
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5; 2016 XC90 T8
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2023, 17:53   #6
Tony Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith View Post
Had mine during service couple of weeks ago
Sorry, but I need more info Paul!

Was VOC renewal provided free? If not, what did it cost? Did you have to request it or was it offered without a request?

And how old is your car?

Data is everything.

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2023, 18:58   #7
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
Sorry, but I need more info Paul!

Was VOC renewal provided free? If not, what did it cost? Did you have to request it or was it offered without a request?

And how old is your car?

Data is everything.
If you look at post number 20 on the pasted link above it should answer your query.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5; 2016 XC90 T8
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2023, 19:04   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I contributed to that thread, different dealers gave different answers, I got my VOC free at my last sercive. VOC subscription was part of the Volvo service promise last year, along with breakdown/recovery, I can't find any reference to VOC subscription extention this year in the service promise. But it will not open the link to renew myself. ( not that I will renew until after my service is carried out next week just in case I get it free)
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; May 27th, 2023 at 19:08.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2023, 19:33   #9
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Had my car serviced last week, as my VOC was due to expire in a few weeks I asked the service advisor about the VOC renewal as per the service promise. They didn't seem to be aware of this so had to make some enquiries, when they got back to me they advised they can do it at a cost of £18, so gave them the go-ahead. Seemed a reasonable price to me, car is just coming up to 4 years old and is the first time I've paid for VOC.
Old May 27th, 2023, 19:35   #10
Tony Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
If you look at post number 20 on the pasted link above it should answer your query.
Not exactly.

Seems to me that there is confusion, no consensus, as a result of the now usual Volvo faffing around with relatively trivial issues, hence this lengthening thread.

It should be simple. It's free (what circs?) or you pay (when and how much?).

Or is it just me?

By all means say!

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote