Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Roof curtain shutting down when car is parked and locked

Views : 577

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2023, 07:20   #1
gianmini

Default Roof curtain shutting down when car is parked and locked

Hi everyone,

I own a XC90 from October 2020 and I notice that sometimes (sporadically and seemingly randomly) the roof curtain shuts down alone while the car is parked and locked.

Initially I thought the car was doing it during warm, sunny days to keep the temperature of the interior down, but honestly it has not been warm nor sunny at all lately in Ireland and it still happened.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks a mil
gianmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 08:19   #2
techwatcher
Master Member

I have had similar on my MY21 XC60.

The sun blind is supposed to close automatically when parked during hot weather but I have had it operate at other times, including when there is lying snow on the ground.

I wonder if it is triggered by bright light rather than cabin temperature?
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 08:19   #3
bluebarchetta

I think the function may differ slightly depending on the model. This is the instructions for mine.

Automatic closing of the panoramic roof's sun blind.

With this function, the sun blind is closed automatically 15 minutes after the car has been locked if it is parked in hot weather. This is in order to lower the passenger compartment temperature and protect the car's upholstery from sun-fading.

The function is deactivated when the car is supplied from the factory and can be activated or deactivated in the centre display.

Note
The sun blind is also closed when all windows are closed using the key or keyless opening with a door handle.
bluebarchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 08:35   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebarchetta View Post
I think the function may differ slightly depending on the model. This is the instructions for mine.

Automatic closing of the panoramic roof's sun blind.

With this function, the sun blind is closed automatically 15 minutes after the car has been locked if it is parked in hot weather. This is in order to lower the passenger compartment temperature and protect the car's upholstery from sun-fading.

The function is deactivated when the car is supplied from the factory and can be activated or deactivated in the centre display.

Note
The sun blind is also closed when all windows are closed using the key or keyless opening with a door handle.
Same wording as in my car's manual. Don't think this functionality varies between models.
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 08:47   #5
bluebarchetta

I could have sworn my Late ‘20 said something along the lines of above 25 degrees centigrade.
bluebarchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 10:06   #6
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

If you have keyless and you press a little longer than normal on the door handle finger pad to lock the car, it will close the blind. If I go out to my car to check it is locked and press the pad to check I sometimes inadvertently close the blind.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5; 2016 XC90 T8
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 18:09   #7
gianmini

Thanks all for the kind answers
gianmini is offline   Reply With Quote