Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 cannot download phone contacts

Views : 1658

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2017, 16:05   #1
dsc146294

Angry V60 cannot download phone contacts

Hi,

We have a 2014 V60 with the Sensus media/bluetooth interface.

This worked well with an old Nokia phone but have now a brand new Nokia 3310.
The phone connects easily but the contact and call lists remain blank. I have followed the instructions from Volvo, checked on line but they still just appear blank. - This is problem number 1.

Problem 1a is as follows:- I thought a work around would be to download the contacts from the old phone and store this in the car's own phonebook which the manual says would then be available to all users.

However, this does not work, the contacts download but the option to save them in the car's phone book doesn't exist although I follow exactly what the onboard digital manual says and what i have found on Volvo's site. Our dealer is unable to help.

Any bright idea's or have we just hit a compatibility issue?

Thanks

Duncan
dsc146294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 16:20   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Almost certainly an issue in the phone and you haven't given permission to allow the access to contacts

Look at the phone instructions as all issues reported have ended up with phone configuration being the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 18:47   #3
Fantastic
VOC Member

Regards prob 1 - I had this problem when I got a new fangled mobile telecommunications device with all my contacts on my Sim. Try copying contacts on to phone then connect to car, worked for me. As far as I know Volvo Sensus system can't access the Sim memory (blocked by modern phones), but can access phone memory.

Regards prob 1a - No idea sorry. Above worked for me so stopped there.

Hope that cures your problem.
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 22:21   #4
dsc146294

Default No dolution so far

Thanks for both replies but already tried both suggestions to no avail - i think the answer may be a the 1a work around if i can find out why the menu options in the car differ from the menu shown in the on- board manual and volvo's own site

D
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 23:18   #5
Fantastic
VOC Member

I notice the Nokia 3310's operating system is "Nokia Series 30+", as opposed to "Android variants" or "Apples thingie". I wonder if the Nokia OS is not compatible with Volvo Sensus?
Just a thought.
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 10:04   #6
dsc146294

Default Compatibility issue

Yes, I agree, I think its a compatibility issue with Nokia which means I will now concentrate on trying to find the answer to my problem 1a - why doesn't senus give me the option to save contacts in the car's phone book (I'm starting to think our car doesn't have a phone book)

Thanks
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 11:43   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Mine doesn't - it always reads from the phone
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 21:45   #8
pollafero

Default Nokia phone contacts in Sensus

I recently acquired a XC60 MY2017 and experienced the same problem
dsc146294 mentioned on downloading the phone contacts from my phone, a Lumia 930.
With some trial and error I finally succeeded in getting the contacts into the cars Sensus system.
Try this: after your phone is connected, go to the Bluetooth menu and add your phone again as a new Bluetooth device. I can't guarantee this will do the trick for your phone, but at least this worked for me, as immediately after doing this, I saw my contacts appear. I think this might have to do with the fact that a Bluetooth device, especially a phone, can connect in different ways: as a phone, as a streaming device a.o.
Wether the contacts are stored permanently in the Sensus memory or downloaded every time the phone connects, is not yet clear to me. From what I've read I tend to believe the system stores them indeed, but they remain hidden and are only shown when that specific phone is connected to the Sensus system. Anyway: anytime my Lumia is connecting with the Sensus system when I start up the car, my contacts are immediately available, without any delay whatsoever.

Tags
bluetooth hands-free, phone book, senus connect