Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Electric Mirror Adjustment Problem

Views : 3740

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 12:10   #1
worthywow

Default Electric Mirror Adjustment Problem

Hi ! I've got a 2005 V70. Following a clunk with the wing mirror I've had a couple of problems with the electric wing mirrors. Firstly the electric folding was out of sync - fixed this using the fuse approach at the end of http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=36909 - many thanks.

The remaining problem is the electric adjustment is not working - when pressing the L or R button the lights do not illuminate. I've checked the fuses etc. to see if there is a separate fuse for this but could not spot this.

Has anyone else had this problems and any ideas how to fix this ?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

Richard
worthywow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2014, 22:19   #2
gratts

This is the problem I'm having right now. Anybody know? They were fine this morning, went out of sync this evening, fuse thing worked but now no power to adjust glass. Normally that's not much of a problem but if I don't fold in the mirrors every time I park, the passenger mirror points up to the sky!!

Any advice welcomed, thanks.
gratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2014, 22:30   #3
gratts

Unhappy

I locked car, unlocked it, started engine and all was well again, doesn't explain the glass pointing up though, it still does that!
gratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 13:22   #4
ronmanager

I just had this on my 06 XC70 - no lights on the button to select which side you are adjusting and no movement in either mirror. The mirrors still moved fine when reacting to the power seat memories.

Having scoured the forums for a solution, I opened the large crescent shaped fuse cover on the drivers end of the dashboard (near the hinge end of the open door). Inside the cover (which comes completely off) were a load of spare fuses (nice) and a printed list of the fuse locations and what they are for. I pulled the two fuses using pliers as they're a bit fiddly (in my case 4 & 5) for the left and right doors, turned on the ignition for a couple of seconds, turned it off again and reinserted the fuses. Turned on the ignition again and the lights are back and the mirrors are functional again.

Seems to be another little quirk of this car along with the non-working sunroof when I bought it 3 years ago that was also fixed with a reset procedure and has worked ever since.

Last edited by ronmanager; Jan 7th, 2016 at 13:24. Reason: spelling
ronmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2023, 18:41   #5
turbo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmanager View Post
...I pulled the two fuses using pliers as they're a bit fiddly (in my case 4 & 5) for the left and right doors, turned on the ignition for a couple of seconds, turned it off again and reinserted the fuses. Turned on the ignition again and the lights are back and the mirrors are functional again.
Same issue here (S80/2000). Mirror adjustment not working but the rest (windows, locks etc) worked fine. Having no power seats, fuse 4 and 5 were empty. But replacing fuse 27 did fix the issue (which is weird to be honest, you'd expect the entire section not working when a fuse is out).
turbo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, mirror, v70