Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

This isn't right surely?

Views : 836

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2023, 14:46   #1
Pointer7

Default This isn't right surely?

I'm no expert but this doesn't look right to me.... would explain the knocking!

I heard that the original Volvo ones are Aluminium and are prone to snapping (although mine hasn't) anyone else had this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20230421100857.jpg (173.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG20230421101045.jpg (354.8 KB, 113 views)
Pointer7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2023, 13:34   #2
Wobbin

Default Me too...

Yes, I've had this problem too. The original alloy mounts had just crumbled away. The replacement mounts all seem to be heavy steel types and they're not too expensive (Volvo or from GSF).

Fitting isn't difficult either if you have the necessary tools - socket set, mole grips and spanners etc - nothing particularly special.

In my case (2012 V60) one of the shockers was completely u/s as well so I swapped both sides, shocks and mounts.

Cheers

Robin
Wobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2023, 10:26   #3
Pointer7

Thanks Wobbin,

They are being changed this weekend both sides. The car has been knocking for about 3 years! I took it to several garages and no one could find anything wrong it had new shocks & droplinks and the top mount was "tightened up" and it did stop for a few weeks but started again which explains the breaking up...

I thought I'd jack one side up myself and just have a quick look and saw that, how can anyone miss this or maybe they just didn't bother mentioning it.. crazy I'm hoping it sorts the knocking!

Last edited by Pointer7; May 9th, 2023 at 10:28.
Pointer7 is online now   Reply With Quote