Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Timing Marks For 2010 C70 Ford 2.0d

Views : 575

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 11th, 2022, 20:41   #1
flanok

Default Timing Marks For 2010 C70 Ford 2.0d

Hi

I have been doing the cambelt, but I am struggling to link up the cam and the crank together. To lock them, for the timing.

The cam which a 8mm drill bit is used at the top is OK. This is now locked

But i have been told in order to line up the crank you remove the starter motor and use a 5mm drill bit, through a hole in the engine into the flywheel near the gearbox.

I have found that hole on the engine, but when I push through a 5mm drill bit, even with lots of adjusting the crank pulley a few millimetre left and right I cannot find the locking hole within the flywheel.

Firstly is this information correct, it is the Ford 2.0D engine 2010, I have found a couple of youtube videos telling me this is how it is done, but not really showing me.

Is 5 mm drill the correct size, the hole in the engine where is pushed though is larger than that.

Thank You
flanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2022, 21:54   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

make sure that you are useing the correct hole for the cam location. fly wheel hole should line up you may have to rotate engine several times before they line up. dont take off the old belt before you have secured both locations also mark flywheel teeth with tipex or paint. loads of instructions on you tube on psa cambelt change
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2022, 15:37   #3
flanok

Thanks for reply. The Cam location is correct, but I cant rotate the crank very far now. So are you suggesting to take unlock the cam and keep turning flywheel to get this lock right first, then worry about cam hole?
Thanks
flanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2022, 19:10   #4
AlreadyOccupied

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanok View Post
Thanks for reply. The Cam location is correct, but I cant rotate the crank very far now. So are you suggesting to take unlock the cam and keep turning flywheel to get this lock right first, then worry about cam hole?
Thanks
Assuming, the cam lock is locked like this

However, if I did timing belt, I set the crank pin first and then the cam lock hole was on the opposite side (north-west side)

And then you should set crank pin in here:

AlreadyOccupied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlreadyOccupied For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2022, 22:00   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanok View Post
Thanks
yes un pin the cam turn the engine over till the hole line again then try fly wheel pin you may need to do this several times till both holes line up
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 19:36   #6
BertoneP

Hi,
I had a similar nightmare...see my post:
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320843

NOTE:
I experienced severe fuel leaks after injector reassemble. Be carefull when removing the fuel line to the injector so that the inlet port to the injector does not move/loosens while loosing the fuel line bolt. Buy new copper injector washers and clean up the cylinder walls and where the injector sits and the injector itself very carefully. Torque down injector and fuel line correctly (I had to torque them down very tight without any special torquewrench...but be very careful here to not overtorque). I also had to buy new return fuel lines since my old started to leak when reassembled.

Make sure to run the engine and check several times that you do not have diesel leaks afterwards. I had severe leaks and it was a pain in the butt until I got all fixed...but eventually i did fix all problems..

See here also:
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322928

Hope my experience helps you. Good luck !!!
BertoneP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BertoneP For This Useful Post: